Sunday, February 11, 2007

We just don't know

We still don't know what the effects of Joe having to go to Iraq for a year will have on our adoption. I'm scared to call our agency and find out. I don't think the referral will come before he gets back, but I do know that our documents will expire before he gets back, making it very difficult to renew them. I don't think our Social Worker will travel to Iraq in order to update our homestudy, nor do I think USCIS has an office in Baghdad that Joe can use to get re-fingerprinted. I am sure their is a solution to all of this, but it isn't like me to find out what will happen before I begin speculating on my own what could happen. Oh well, I guess I will call GWCA tomorrow and find out what we have to do.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I will pray very hard for you and your family as your husband goes to defend our country. He truly is a hero.

P.S. I know exactly what you were going through with the sickness. I had both the upper respiratory flu, and then two days later a nasty stomach virus. It was horrible. I hope you are all feeling better soon!