Friday, September 14, 2007

I can't believe it has been 10 months since we were logged in at the CCAA, and we still are no closer to referral than were were when we started this journey. One of the reasons we decided on China was that the wait times (at the time) were less than a year. Here we are two months from being logged in for an entire year and we are still about two years away from seing our baby girl's face. The worst part is that I don't think people actually believe we are adopting from China and that we just made it up. No one askes us about our adoption anymore and when they do we get this look of pity. I don't even mention to anyone when I purchase things for our little girl anymore because I just get that same look. We will have a daughter one day people, and I am going to continue to be happy about it and prepare for it because eventually it will happen!
It is beginning to sound like I am losing it a little bit doesn't it? So what if I am?!? (haha, joke, your supposed to laugh)

3 comments:

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Congrats on 10 months behind you!! Woo Hoo!!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

Brandi said...

Congrats on #10! Hang in there, our time WILL come (someday!)

Brandi
LID 11-14-06

Jeannie and Freddy said...

Ar you logged in China for a special needs child?

GinaRob83@yahoo.com