Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Wainscoting, Fans and New Shutters, FINALLY

My brothers-in-law came this weekend, and helped Joe get a lot done around the house. They installed wainscoting in Chloe's nursery, installed fans under the carport, and made custom shutters for my windows for hurricane season. We survived hurricanes Katrina and Rita without them, but it wasn't fun. The new shutters will give me a bit of stress relief when Joe is in Iraq this hurricane season. Just one less thing for me to worry about.

I still have to paint, but it still looks nice.

These new fans will provide much needed heat relief this summer.

Finally, working storm shutters for my house! They still need to be painted, along with the front door, but you get the idea. Oh, we pulled out three huge bushes in front of the bench on the front porch as well, and we will need to plant something else there. I will post more pictures when everything is complete.

1 comment:

D & S said...

The best way to keep busy is to renovate. Good job.